1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mets suicide watch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm wondering if there's something going on in Reyes' life off the field. He not only looks worn out he looks totally distracted at times.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Mets last 14 games 6.96 ERA!

3. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Spnited, you might have something with Reyes. Someone we both know who covers the team says Reyes has been different lately, not always smiling and yapping as he seemed to do before. The reason? Nobody knows. But his falloff has been dramatic.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

That's exactly what I've been noticing since sometime in August, Casty. In fact, I was tempted a few times to call our friend and see if he if knew anything was going on with Reyes.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Isn't it also possible that his mood may be caused by his falloff and not the other way around? Maybe the league has adjusted to him and he can't figure out what to do?

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Maybe he figured he had some competition for best shortstop in the NL East.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Having watched him almost every day for a few years, AQB, I don't think that's the case.
    Even when he was going bad in the past, he was the life of the dugout...always smiling, always laughing, celebrating everybody else's hits.
    He just hasn't shown that for close to 2 months now.

8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

All those reasons are plausible but who knows which one is the correct one?

9. Armchair_QB

Thanks.

10. boots

boots New Member

Casty, Spnited, my sources tell me that not everything is hunky dorie away from the field. I don't know what it is exactly, but he's not a happy guy.

11. Armchair_QB

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this...

12. boots

boots New Member

Wipe yourself. I know Casty and Spnited. Both are seamheads who covered the sport. I don't know you. I'm not going say what Reyes situation is because quite frankly, I don't know. I'm just relaying information that I heard to two people I PERSONALLY KNOW WHO COVERED the sport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.