1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#MeToo 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, May 7, 2018.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

What, having an affair with his step granddaughter wasn't a hint-and-a-half that he was depraved?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Guess I need to find somebody else to narrate my life story.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can't help but think there are men in the industry who are still untouchable on stuff like this - worth too much to a studio, a network, a movie franchise that this stuff just "goes away...." or is "handled."
    Think about a few network shows that would be cratered if they lost a key person, a show host, - maybe it's just that those who have been outed on this are older and grew up with this behavior - maybe it's that they are no longer producing enough money or don't have enough future moneymaking potential that they aren't worth the protection.

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don’t know man. If Matt Lauer and Kevin Spacey can get shitcanned in record time, who else is untouchable?

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I don't know about Spacey. He wasn't much at the box office and there was the underage aspect.
    But I agree with your point about who could be bigger. Weinstein not only was a big swinging dick, a lot of famous people would have liked it better if they weren't associated with his crimes. Plus, Disney placed the guy who was in charge of Pixar on leave and about .01% of the population could recognize the name, let alone give a shit if he produced the next Pixar film.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Donald Trump

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Boston Globe editor accused of sexual harrassment

And now threatening legal action

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, what WAS she wearing?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We should believe every woman -- except every woman who accuses a famous man, or a man in media.

The woman who accuse them are all liars.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dated, huh ...

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'd like to think the last thing that went through Freeman's mind, other than seeing his career crash and burn, is wonder how in the hell eight women ever got the best of him.

Sea Bass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted