1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#MeToo 2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, May 7, 2018.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I understand why elected and appointed Democratic Party officials need to perversely spin this into a positive within the news cycle. I don’t understand why the rank-and-file voters on this board - which is mostly an echo chamber anyway - feel compelled to do the same. It’s so undignified.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You must have inadvertently hit the backspace key just prior to posting.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Damned if you do, damned if you don't?

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

You are missing the point, Not talking about him in that post, I am addressing this comment---"in the privacy of his home, not out in public."

5. lakefront

What is wrong with the tweet I put up?

6. lakefront

Those 2 would be included in that tweet, btw. (don't compare how we handle it now after metoo in contrast to the 90's) The tweet stands, many in both parties.

7. Dick Whitman

I think it's really gross for that to be people's reaction within the first news cycle. My goodness. People bitch and moan here about "whataboutism," but as soon as a prominent Democrat is indicated in something like this, it's a steady stream of "whataboutism."

QYFW likes this.
  8. lakefront

But is has been a bit of a pattern, and that is only one of 3 points to the tweet. I think in the long run the other 2 are more important.

9. lakefront

and when the next one comes along we can switch the words around, wash rinse repeat

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This exemplifies why our country USED to be a model for others, not everything was solely defined by political party affiliation. Horrible conduct was denounced by all sides. Yes I'm disappointed in this clown's behavior and I'm not going to let me political leanings stop me from denouncing this guy.

Slacker and Dick Whitman like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

People's first reaction is to pivot. It's what they have grown used to in their curated news selection. I'm not computer-savvy enough to do this, but I would love to know how many people Googled some form of "Is Eric Schneiderman a Democrat or a Republican?".

Journalism question: If you were the "New Yorker," would you have let the two unnamed women accuse him? I am always extremely uncomfortable with that.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure which side of the aisle he was on until I saw @YankeeFan posting.

Slacker and Dick Whitman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted