1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Method Man arrested

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jakewriter82, May 23, 2007.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

From the San Francisco Chronicle...
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=16795

Method Man Arrested
    Wu-Tang Clan rapper Method Man was arrested in New York City on Thursday night for driving under the influence of marijuana.

The 36-year-old hip-hop star, real name Clifford Smith, was stopped at the Battery Tunnel toll booths in Brooklyn at 10 pm.

Smith was attempting to pay the tunnel toll when Officer Donald Johnston spotted his vehicle's inspection sticker had expired and upon investigation, allegedly found the rapper smoking a joint.

Police allegedly discovered 28 grams of marijuana in Smith's Lincoln Navigator vehicle, the New York Daily News reports.

The Grammy winner was arraigned in Brooklyn Criminal Court Friday and charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, criminal possession of marijuana, operating a motor vehicle under the influence and driving an uninspected motor vehicle.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I. Am. STUNNED.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked.
    Had to be a set-up.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

He knew he was in trouble when he bought $10,000 worth of frozen pizzas and twinkies.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Clifford really needs to remember when he's got a fat bag of skunk, when he's got White Owl blunts, and he's about to go get lifted, yes he's about to go get lifted, he should really not do it in a moving Lincoln Navigator.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Who the hell can think when you're that stoned?

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

C'mon people, he was just getting into Cheese's character for the last season of The Wire.

8. lono

lono Active Member

28 grams of marijuana? Why that's only .35 grams short of an ounce. How about that?

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

METHOD MAN: I got, fat bags of skunk
    I got, White Owl blunts
    And I'm about to go get lifted
    Yes I'm about to go get lifted

I got, myself a fourty
    I got, myself a shorty
    And I'm about to go and stick it
    Yes I'm about to go and stick it

COP: I'm gonna get you once i got you, forget you.

10. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Its funny in a way how an arrest like this does nothing for his career at this point.
    It seems to me that he won't sell more records for being arrested, but he won't sell fewer either.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not that I'm speaking from experience, or anything, but even really baked potheads still have enough cognitive function to operate a vehicle, to an extent. That being said, it was the expired inspection sticker (and the billowing cloud of funny-smelling smoke) that likely did him in.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Tiger style.... ;D

One of the best rap bands of all-time...

Draft saved Draft deleted