1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

methinks bill curry goes away for a while...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

well, VT was sucking for a while so it's appropriate.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Well-played, Meat. :D

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I have no idea what the dude was saying, so maybe the context is different, but what's wrong with that "fallacious"?

From Websters:

Main Entry: fal·la·cious
    Pronunciation: f&-'lA-sh&s
    Function: adjective
    1 : embodying a fallacy <a fallacious conclusion>
    2 : tending to deceive or mislead : DELUSIVE
    - fal·la·cious·ly adverb
    - fal·la·cious·ness noun

Maybe Bill Curry isn't the one with the problem.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

uh, it wasn't fAllacious, unless curry's accent took a turn for the strange.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you forgot the blue font there, mikey.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Don't think you get canned for that. Or even a "ride the pine for the next few, kid". At worst, a slip of the tongue (insert BJ joke here). Easily forgivable.

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Shit, if you could get canned for a dumb-ass slip of the tongue, who would provide the commentary for sporting events?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll guarantee that if you thought he meant to say facetious and you heard fellatious -- a word with which I'm sure he's not familiar -- Curry's aim was fallacious.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

One should never assume. ...

10. IU90

IU90 Member

Then what the fuck was it? This isn't kindergarten class, the moddies here let us freely say all sorts of bad words. So why are you playing this childish "I'm not gonna say it" game?

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I think he meant it sounded more like "fellatious" (which isn't an actual word), rather than "fallacious" (which is, but isn't "dirty").

12. IU90

IU90 Member

That's what I figured, but it annoyed me the childish way he acting like he couldn't say it. And he's being stupid-the two words sound about the same, one is a real word, the other is just an urban slang creation. Unless Curry was specifically talking about sucking dick at the time, I think its safe to assume he meant fallacious.

Draft saved Draft deleted