1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meth and Me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jan 30, 2007.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Thanks, I always thought she was the best looking of the girls on that show.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

She wasn't. She ranks somewhere between 2nd and 3rd. But I'd still totally hit that. Just might wanna wrap up.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Mrs. N_W has had to remove children from families that had been dysfunctionalized by meth.Just devastating. If that means I gotta answer a coupla extra questions at Eckerd, I can live with it. She's a trainer now, and she has this set of before and after photos of people who had become addicted to it. If you wanna look like Keith Richards, only get there faster, this is the stuff for you.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Somehow, I think the point has been missed by some. Others ... well, I just think some of you are a bit crazy -- or on meth.

Anyway, the point isn't that I mind answering the questions. I don't. I don't even mind so much that they have the restrictions on how many you can buy each month. The point is, there's no possible way these dumbass rules are having any effect whatsoever on the manufacturing of meth.

If you're entering this info into a computer and every pharmacy is on a network and the people behind the counter can see that Mr. Methmanufacturer purchased two boxes of this shit 10 minutes ago at the CVS down the block, yeah, you got something. But when you can go store to store and buy two boxes at every one of them and then come back a month later and do the same thing, all you've done is slow the process by a few minutes and needlessly prevented me from buying medicine to cure a freakin' sinus headache.

I'm all for stopping or slowing down the meth-making process. I'll literally jump through hoops if it means getting rid of or limiting the production of that shit. But come with something better than a binder and a dumbass limit on the number of purchases per month.

And DocTalk, I respect your input and appreciate your advice, but I know this: If I wake up in the morning with a blinding sinus headache and so stuffed up I can barely breathe, there's one cure for it -- shit with pseudophedrine in it. The new stuff doesn't work at all and most of the other stuff doesn't work as well. This is what does the trick for me, and I've figured that out over several years of trial and error.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dog, first of all, sorry if I contributed to this veering off course. Just trying to have a little fun.

Secondly, I wouldn't be so sure you can just go from CVS to CVS and load up on that medication. My wife and I were under the impression the binders were inputted into a state-wide system...which is why she tells me to get two boxes of the stuff every time I go out of state.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I would guess it was a happy accident similar to the seminal moment when man discovered that chocolate and peanut butter combine for a tasty concoction.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Hey, I'm bitching about the minutiae of my life ... how dare you take it off course? ;D

I was told by the pharmacist a while back that they came around and collected those binders every three months. They hoped to have the info fed into a computer somewhere after a year. On top of that, she said that they can't refuse a sale to someone who doesn't have ID. They have to ask for other forms of ID, such as a credit card or Social Security, but they have to sell the meds to them no matter what. (This was not long after they started this stuff, so the laws could've changed by now. I haven't asked since.)

I know one thing: If they ever do get this shit in a computer and start checking out the people who have bought a bunch of this stuff, I'm getting a visit. Every time I'm in a drug store anywhere I buy a box or two. When they come to search the house, I'll post photos.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm not sorry... we're at our best when we're veering off course.... so where the hell is BYH's meth?

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Look, dammit, the pimply-faced kid with the binder has brought the entire production to a halt. I've had to send all the Mexican ladies home for the day, and if the bid I've got in on mETHbay doesn't get me the "package" I need, I don't know when I'll be able to bring them back and get them to cookin' up a fresh batch.

The worst part of it all is that without my fix, I'm craving a cigarette, which I can't light because all of my matchbooks are missing the little striking strip.

The upside is that my drains are free and clear, I got a kickass fire going on the grill and all my papercuts have been properly cleaned with iodine.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Woah!!

[​IMG]

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Since I don't buy a lot of cold medicine, or medicine at all for that matter, when you are talking about a box - Dog - how much does that mean? Are you talking aspirin or tylenol or what? Just want to make sure in case I decide to try the magical, wonderful drug that I hear is meth.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You guys should go to a Costco-type place. Far better deals there when you're making meth when you're trying to cure your allergies.

Draft saved Draft deleted