1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meth and Me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Jan 30, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

As the husband of a fine woman who counted pills while working her way through school, I'd say you made the right call by not saying anything.

As for the thread, I don't really have a problem with the cold medicine restrictions. There are bigger fish to fry.

2. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Hate to burst the bubble of the OTC drug makers, but most studies confirm that these medications are ineffective in controlling symptoms. As well, their side effects aren't to be sneezed at.

Pseudephedrine is not a benign drug and in fine print there are warnings for people with high blood pressure to avoid it. As well, people routinely show up in the ER with palpitations and rapid heart rates because of the drugs.

Fluids, humidity and time work just as well. Just thought you might be interested.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Don't forget the drain cleaner, starter fluid and antifreeze.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

For about six months in the 1980s I had a girlfriend who was a bit wild. We had nothing in common, we met one night in a bar and it seemed like a good idea at the time, but she's a nice person and we still do Christmas cards. Some of her friends were, ummm, interesting. Anyway, we drove out of the city one day to visit her mom and she also wanted to visit an old friend. We get to the friend's house and it's the strangest house I'd ever seen. There were six TVs in the living room and four stereos. All kinds of expensive-looking nicknacks and silver and gold and copper. Guitars. Amps. Looked like a damned pawnshop. And this woman was really strange, jumpy. We leave. In my car I say, is your friend a coke dealer? "Nah, meth dealer," she says. The friend was busted a couple years later and went to prison. Glad the cops didn't come while we were there.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Shit like this is why I only buy dayquil and nyquil now. But if I did want the OTC stuff that's no longer so OTC, and someone asked me what i was using it for, I'd walk over to the paper aisle, grab a box of tissues, blow my nose on one, and rub it all over that fucking notebook.

IT's pretty obvious when I have a cold, especially with the way I talk. It would be about the dumbest question someone could ask me.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Meth and Me: A Sequel by Michael Moore.

8. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

thought this thread would be about redman.

9. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I thought this was a thread for Redman's autobiography ... the life and times of blunts smoked with Method Man.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Blossom's tits...no teeth...hmmm...

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Jody Sweetie.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Or Jodie Sweetin.

Closer this time, indians. You'll get there!

Draft saved Draft deleted