1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meth addict mughots used in PSAs in Portland, OR.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sea Bass, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/thane_burnett/2011/03/02/17484071.html

Some of these are a tad disquieting.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That's scary. There was one guy who actually looked a bit healthier in the after mugshot. But the rest were scary, some really scary.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Simple, yet effective. I worked at Taco Bell in high school, and one of the managers had to be on meth or something close to it. This chick weighed maybe 90 pounds.

Anyway, she always wore a headset to get a jumpstart on drive-thru orders. She took it off to use the restroom one day, and as I gag I put in on around my knee and moved it up as high as it would go. Got to about mid-thigh... and that was some 50 pounds ago on my part.

Don't do meth, kids.

4. mjslovin91

mjslovin91 Guest

Probably going to have nightmares cause of this

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Meth is a helluva drug

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

There were a couple of previously attractive people on there.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

A couple of them had the same scowl, too.. like Nos. 8, 12 and 15. Is there such a thing as the "meth addict scowl?"

8. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

We've got a meth problem here and I'm trying to convince the sheriff's department to go to the high schools and show the kids a "meth beauty pageant," where they have before and after pix of the meth heads to show the boys and girls, sort of a "hey guys, you want to get with this?" and show them the original and then the "well, here she is!" and then show them the meth-ed out pic.
    They actually like the idea but I don't think they'll do it. A little too boundary pushing for them here in the Bible Belt.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And paradoxically, meth makes you want to have sex constantly, while you become less healthy and less attractive. And it leads to more pregnancies, and most meth users aren't really the best of parents. So more kids end up in the system. And round and round and round in the circle game.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"I ain't on meth! The only drug I'm on is Charlie Sheen!"

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think that Popeye was on a bit more than spinach.

Draft saved Draft deleted