1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Metallica to headline Bonnaroo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

I swear, if Cliff Burton was still alive and kickin', we'd still be listening to some old school-style Alcohollica. Plus, how do you think a metal audience will mesh with a bunch of flea-bitten hippies? Not well, I hope. ;D

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, if any past experiences I've witnessed are any indication, not well.

It won;t be hearts and flowers in Manchester. I think Jack Johnson just pissed his pants.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm guessing he'll probably give an emotional performance when playing "Where'd All The Good People Go?" (or whatever that song is called).

4. Get fucked. Obviously you are incapable of seeing the point any further than the end of your penis. You, as a writer, probably make mid to low five figures, right? On the other hand, deaf-ass Lars (How's that hard of hearing working out for you, Lars? Oh, right, you've got seven to eight figures at the fucking MINIMUM to sooth that pain. Do I need to sign that for you?) has enough money to staff 100+ well-paid writers as his own personal PR hacks. His sobs of "oh, people are stealing food off of my family's table" is falling on deaf fucking ears, pun intended. It really pains me to believe that some people are just that fucking ignorant to refuse to believe that someone might actually pay $75 to see his overpriced act after "stealing" his songs off the internet, because that's what it is, right? It's a zero sum game. If someone steals his songs off the internet, then they'll never spend one fucking dime on the band. Not even on a t-shirt, a ticket, or heaven forbid, an album that featured some musical ingenuity actually warrants the purchase instead of some fucking half-assed effort that some junkie on LA's Skid Row who knows three chords could put out.

Don't be pissed some people were intelligent enough to steal "Hero of the Day" instead of paying $15 for that song off that complete "Load" of shit album. See, this is fun!

Let me guess, you were also rallying for Ticketmaster when PJ was trying to sue them, right? Because, of course, it's an American RIGHT for any corporation to institute an ILLEGAL and convoluted monopoly to screw as much money out of the paying public ass possible.

Go piss on an electric fence, asshole.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No wonder Beadie's about to leave your ass. Chotchnozzle.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Wow. That was vicious and entertaining.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

[blue]I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.[/blue]

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

That fired me the hell up, and I don't even know which side I agree with.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Metallica went from being the ultimate fan-friendly band to suing its fans... Plus, it hasn't put out a decent album since 1991. Although the documentary about what complete douchebags they've all become was quite entertaining...

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Indeed it was. I watch it once every couple of months, mainly for the douchebag-ish psychiatrist's sweaters that I think he stole from Mike Ditka in 1988.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

This just in, from the Bonnaroo website:

Comedian Chris Rock will perform at the 2008 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. Rock will do a special one-hour set on the What Stage, Bonnaroo's biggest. The audience for this performance will be one of the largest ever for a comedy show!

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Saw Andrew Dice Clay do a 20-minute set to open for Guns 'n' Roses at the Metallica/Guns tour in front of 80,000-plus at the Rose Bowl. Was weird to see a standup comedian play to such a large crowd.

Sounds like th Rock gig will be great.

Draft saved Draft deleted