1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Metal Gear Solid 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Jun 12, 2008.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

So I finally upgraded today and bought a PS3 with Metal Gear Solid 4. Got to say, the game looks amazing. I've been a huge fan of this series for years, and I'm glad this finally here. My one big gripe about the game, though, is they've changed the control scheme. It's been the same for the first three games, and now it's different. I don't even think you can customize it. Anybody else played this yet or paln on playing it?

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Planned on buying it, but after I saw that there are 90 minute cutscenes, the wife and I made a deal, I wouldn't buy and, and she wouldn't have to throw it out the window.

I plan on renting it though, just to see what all the fuss is about. However, not ever playing any of the MGS series, I think I will be left with more questions than answers.

3. 90-minute cutscenes? Seriously?

I played the first MGS on PS1 and just didn't get it. It was like a crappy version of Goldeneye. I've never felt the need to go back.

I'm not trying to be a hater. Can someone explain to me what I am missing?

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

That was the rumor, but it has since been debunked as I have checked the interwebs now. They say the end is about an hour though.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Love the series; always found it, with all its quirks and weird humor, to be much more worth playing than say, Grand Theft Auto. To each their own, obviously. Can't tell anyone what they're missing: you like whatever games you choose. Heck, I don't fully get why Mario endures.

I was tempted to buy a PS3 just for the game, but taking away backward compatibility has scared me away from a PS3 for the time being. If the control scheme is completely changed, that seems a dumb idea.

6. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

If bought the limited edition PS3 bundle with the game. It has an 80 GB hard drive and is backwards compatible. Without the backwards compatability, I might have just gone with the XBOX 360.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

(pondering these words, and wondering if I have the money to pull this off)

Draft saved Draft deleted