1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message in a bottle -- from Greg Oden

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by m2spts, Apr 20, 2007.

1. m2spts

m2spts Member

Does this quote sound familiar???

“This is a very tough decision for me,” (fill in name) said in a statement released by (fill in school). “I love (school) and love being a (school mascot), but I also have a great opportunity to take my game to the next level and compete with the best players in the world. I’ve discussed this with family, friends and coach (name), and I feel the time is right.”

Check your quote file and I'm pretty sure you'll find it said exactly the same way every year.
  2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Unless your name is Matt Leinart......
  3. melock

melock Active Member

Or all those guys from Florida after they beat down UCLA
  4. Oz

Oz Active Member

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I think he had it right the first time and was referencing their win over UCLA in last year's final and returning to school this year.
  6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

NASCAR drivers have the same "message in a bottle."

"The No. (Car number) (main sponsor) (make of car) was running well today, but there were a lot of good cars in the race today," said (driver's name). "This team hasn't run that well this year, but the last couple of weeks it's really been coming around. This team has worked so hard and this weekend is a real testament to that."

"It's like a chess match out there. This team is running like a well-oiled machine. I'm really proud of the way our guys hung in there. We knew what we had to do and went out and did it. We're tickled to death. We knew this would be no cakewalk. A win is a win. It was a total team effort. We're going to savor this victory... the greatest feeling in the world. They're tough competitors. They're a class act. Give them a lot of credit. We beat a very good team today."
  7. Oz

Oz Active Member

I figured he was talking about their decision to go pro this year, because it seemed like a no-brainer to everyone. No question, they were gone.
  8. melock

melock Active Member

You are correct Boobie.
  9. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Is Oden sending an S.O.S to the world?
Draft saved Draft deleted