1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message boards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Jul 4, 2006.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If you were a SABR member and subscribed to the e-mail list-serv that I'm a part of, you'd know that we have discussions like that every day. ;D

Recently, for instance, there have been threads on:
    - A 35-inning game between two Japanese junior high schools in 1935
    - The origins of the term "spitball"
    - Whether Jack Onslow or Ivan Kuester finished the season as manager of the Chattanooga Lookouts in 1951
    - The longest-ever rain delay in the American League (7:23 at Comiskey Park 8/12/90)
    - "Dick Higham's batting line for 1878" (I shit you not)

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I wonder if uber-specialized sites like that have a troll problem? Something like ...

Hail To (insert Redskin here) He's A Horse's A$$!: Who was the better Redskins TE? Don Warren or Clint Didier?
    TE Troll: Apparently someone has forgotten about Rick Walker, you guys are fucking dumb asses. And your ignorant arse forgot all about Jerry Smith and Jean Fugett. You fucking suck, HT(iRh)HAHA$$.
    Hail To (insert Redskin here) He's A Horse's A$$!:  Hey asswipe. Fuggett played as much for Dallas as he did Washington. So you better run a check on your mid 70s obscure tight end fanboy bullshit ASAP.
    TE Troll: Coming from the man who can't spell Fuggett. Next thing you're going to tell me is that Rick McGeorge was a better tight end than Paul Coffman. Eat Jerome Barkum's dick.
    Webby/Moddy/Idaho/GutterFootballNerdVersion 1.0: You guys are giving me some serious red ass. Don't feed the trolls. And TE Troll, I'll take you out like J.V. Cain if you keep this up.

Draft saved Draft deleted