1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message boards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Jul 4, 2006.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I like to travel.

flyertalk.com

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

For a little while, I posted on an SNL message board. Before SportsJournalists.com came along, I frequented a Yahoo! baseball chat room. This, uh, beats them both.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I only have time for one internet addiction, thank you very much. :D

4. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Eric Duncan is a bad hitter regardless of position.

If the Stinkees are going to pimp someone, at least make it Philip Hughes.

5. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

www.twoplustwo.com

Great poker resource for advice, laughs, and to feel better when you've been playing with a cold deck for months, gone on crazy monkey-tilt and decimated your bankroll to the point of having to stop playing -- after running insanely well for several months.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Eric Duncan is getting his hitting stroke back.
    With how piss-poor the Yankees pitching is right now they can't afford to trade Hughes. Hughes is just too good. Besides the head honchos in the organization have Hughes on pitch counts now -- he can't throw more than 80 pitches in a start.

8. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

thanx guys...this is good input.....any team related boards (other than the previous mentioned Sons of Sam) that stand out?

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Suicide Girls, god yes. Helluva site. ;D

And like FarmerJ, I only have time for an addiction to SportsJournalists.com.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I go to WWE boards and ask them which columnist they prefer, Posnanski or Simers...

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I only visit maybe once a month, but for that holy shit-these-dudes-need-to-get-a-life read, I head to the Professional Football Researchers Association forum.

http://nflhistory.net/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID64&conf=DCConfID38

Threads currently active include:
    -- Best blockers at the WR position
    -- 1967 Browns/Giants game
    -- NFL Game of the Week shows, 1965-86
    -- The Pruitts (I'm assuming that means Greg and Mike)
    -- Do All Women Look Like My Mommy Looks When She's Naked? That's Scary (kidding)

Fascinating NFL minutae on there though. These dudes can tell who called some Packers-Lions game for CBS in 1978.

Oddly, I haven't frequented any baseball sites like that, though I prefer it (barely) to the NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted