1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message boards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Anybody have any favorites in the fan message board universe? (Not that any of those could approach the excellence of SportsJournalists.com). Any of you regular posters?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I like to read Sons of Sam Horn and read what the world looks like through Red-colored glasses. Like how Beckett should have been on the All-Star team.

3. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I was a regular on the Pitchforkmedia board until it went under about four years ago and I still post on the four boards which replaced it (Exploding Plastic, Hipinion, Chobba, and I Hate Music).

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

5. sportsed

sportsed Guest

I don't post there, but I love Fark a whole lot ... funny stuff and seems to be a pretty good community of decent folks ... Rivals has some good boards, too.

6. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

i post on the pearl jam message board..

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Any hockey scribes already know, www.uscho.com is great during the college hockey season.

American college hockey is still a small enough commnity that you can really glean some insights from some of the rabid fans there.

8. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

i post on rivals, but the national board has a ridiculous amount of flames. oh well.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

http://www.theoldcoach.com/

I glance through it almost every day.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'll second that. I've used that board to get info my team's prospects who may be leaning to the NCAA or some already enrolled who may be looking to leave school. Plenty of quality stuff there.

I also read - but rarely - post on the boards on BlueJayWay.ca.

11. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I post on a minor-league baseball website.

Everybody is the second coming with these people. Sometimes, it gets too much. I make em come correct.

Eric Duncan is not Graig Nettles. Seriously, people, look at the numbers.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Besides, Eric Duncan doesn't even play the same position as my man Nettles (my favorite Yankee while I was growing up in the 70s and early 80s).
    This season in the minors Eric Duncan has been converted to a first baseman.

Draft saved Draft deleted