1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message board courage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Feb 19, 2007.

1. JHaugJr

JHaugJr New Member

A lurker checks in. Anti-SLAPP suits have significant hurdles to leap before they can proceed. Any season ticket holder who violates his contract with a ticket issuer would be very unlikely to succeed with such a suit in an attempt to hold on to his tickets. Anti-SLAPP laws are usually crafted to protect participation in the political and judicial processes.

2. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

i'm confused.
    are you saying Anti-Slapp allows you to get the name of a specific poster - or prevents that from happening?

and who decides what is proprietary and libelous?

ECrawford - did the Pitino thing get into print?

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

don't know a thing about the slapp laws but nothing stops the school from revoking - or more likely, not allowing a renewal of a ticket. it's a simple contract so if it can't be revoked, you just don't renew it.

4. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

let's say for a second that I signed up with a e-mail address that I use strictly for spam. AND when I signed up for that address, I used bullshit everything.

Would they then have to track me down through my IP address? Finally, isn't there a way you can mask that?

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Besides, even if it can be determined that the comments in question were posted on the very computer I am currently using, how does anyone prove it was actually me who did it? Maybe I've stepped across the office and am using someone else's work station for a couple of minutes. Maybe I'm at home, where there's only one computer but several people who have access to it.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

double j - i used your e-mail just last night.

7. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

In the case of many of these posters, they are living in their mother's basement, and don't let anyone else in.

Draft saved Draft deleted