1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Dec 25, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just finished a shift at the store and some quick last-minute shopping. After catching up here, may sneak in a nap before dinner.

Merry Christmas.

garrow likes this.
  2. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Auntie Clause's last gift still hasn't arrived, 11 days after it was sent two-day mail. I hope my friend doesn't have to have an uncomfortable conversation with her 4-year-old. (Santa was obviously drunk and left one of the family's boxes at the bottom of his sack!)

Have a happy and a merry, and may 2021 be peaceful and productive!

[​IMG]

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Thank you, Daniel. I am eagle-eyed. But not seeing the deals.

In the Spring the wanton lapwing gets himself another crest.
    -Lord Tennyson

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. If I am being honest I am glad they are nearly over.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Live look at Fart getting a PS5

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Anyone here celebrate Kwanzaa?

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Happy Boxing Day!

Christmases still to come:

Little Christmas / Old Christmas (Epiphany), Armenian Christmas, Ukrainian Christmas: January 6th

Orthodox Christmas: January 7th

Are there others?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    maumann likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In our town Christmas will end the business week of Jan. 4-8. That's when free municipal pickup of discarded Christmas trees takes place. After that you gotta haul 'em to the recycle center yourself.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Jan. 6 is the feast of the Epiphany, or the 12th day of Christmas.
    That was usually when my tree(s) came down, but they're coming down this weekend because I'm not feeling it, haven't been feeling it and no longer wish to sustain the charade.

Spartan, feels staged. The kids were remarkably good spirited about finding books and tube socks in a PS5 box.

Spartan Squad and OscarMadison like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Finally got my tree decorated and the outside lights up. It's 2020 right? Now to sort through the various boxes and messes and such. Had a nice Zoom call with extended family from the West Coast to the Midwest to Upper NY.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And PS - since its "2020," I'm guessing the lights can stay on through January 20th right? Maybe the Super Bowl?

maumann likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

In Denver/Colorado, the tradition dating back 75 years is for the big lights display to stay up through the National Western Stock Show at the end of January. It's so visitors who come into town for the event can take in the big lights display.

Over time, it included everyone following tradition of keeping up their lights through the stock show, which in January is Jan. 24 even though there's no stock show this year.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We put white lights up across the front roofline of our house. They really brighten up the street/driveway at night. It's pretty dreary in Microville in January and February so last year we left them up until after Valentine's Day, by which time it's light until at least 5:15-5:30 or so instead of 4:30.

Mngwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted