1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 25, 2014.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Sunny and bizarrely 50-something here in New England. A little windy, but still, such a beautiful day. Thanks for letting me be a part of this mysterious, wacky place.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Happy holidays to all. Weather here is so warm I went outside without a coat. Unlike last year, when there was freezing rain and ice everywhere.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

+1

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Watching "A Christmas Story" with my two children, drinking eggnog (they), bourbon (me, hate eggnog), and kicking back. Dinner later. Couldn't be happier. You folks play a role in that happiness, and for that I thank you with all my heart.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Merry Christmas!

Visiting relatives up by Seattle, and it's been alternating between hail and hard rain. Good to be with family/friends.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Seattle!?!? You could have joined us for the 2008 SJ.com outing - one of the highlights of my time on the site.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all. It was a sunny, 40-degree day here which made the short walk to my brother's house this morning quite lovely and the helping find the neighbor's dog this afternoon quite pleasant. And the family gatherings were top notch.

I hope Christmas was everything you wanted for all of you.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Santa always has to spend Christmas 'splainin things and probably sleeping alone

[​IMG]

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all from Wisconsin ... where it's a greener Christmas than I can recall. The year had a really bad stretch in the middle, but the last few weeks (finding a job after four months out of work) has turned it around. Looking forward to a great 2015!

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Day late and a dollar short, but a belated Merry Christmas from Oregon. Having a second Christmas tomorrow with the in-laws in Washington.

11. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Day late here as well, but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Texas. It was the second Christmas without my dad, and the first one with my mom diagnosed with cancer, so family came to our place instead of my parents'/mom's place, the first time we haven't been at their/her place in forever. But it was good. Tamales were the main dish of a Mexican feast, followed by presents and desserts. A good night, indeed.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I hope everyone is in good health. I've been sick since Tuesday and completely wiped out. Stinks to be sick during the holidays, and I hope I haven't infected the extended family. Cough, throat, sinus, migraine headache. Could be worse, family back in MD are all puking.

And in perspective, a friend died early Christmas morning after being hospitalized since Thanksgiving.

Lost quite a few contacts this year, family and professionally.

Ready to move on to 2015.

Good tidings to all, and best wishes for good health.

VB

Draft saved Draft deleted