1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Ho Ho Ho. Even if you don't celebrate, I hope your day is outstanding.

Mine will start with a long walk with my best pal. Then I'll head to the Garden to see the Wizards play the Knicks. After that, a little bit of work as the SI.com Jewish Council of Excellence mans the ship and eats a lot of Chinese food.

Been an epic year in a lot of ways. I don't need to stinking gifts, though I got plenty.

Thanks for being part of my world.

old_tony likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Joyeux Noël!

It is just past 7 am in France. ... where I will be spending Christmas with Ms. Ragu's parents, who speak less English than I speak French (which shouldn't be possible). I have been fighting off a nasty cold all week, but hopefully I'll be up for our walk this morning -- up a steep path that I call the widow maker, through a tiny village that sits on the hill and looks about the same today as it did in the 1700s, and into the woods (site of WWI hostilities) where we'll loop back around toward our village.

We did gifts last night. There will be a feast today. Ms. Ragu's elusive sister will make an appearance.

I have had a really good year, too. And not cause of any presents, either. I already had everything I want.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, everyone. Have a great and safe holiday season.

This is the 100th anniversary of the WW1 Christmas truce.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all from central Florida. It's been a good one already. One of my nieces informed us yesterday that she's advanced to the second stage, of three, of the process to try to land a four-year academic scholarship at her first choice of colleges, so we're all very excited about that. I'm going to the back of the play book for today's Christmas dinner — Italian all around — and the wine chiller is newly restocked.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to all from Toronto (although the lack of snow and abundance of rain makes me feel like I'm reliving the Vancouver Christmases of my youth). A quiet morning with a Moddy Mix playing while JR bangs around the kitchen making our traditional Christmas frittata. Wishing you all peace and joy.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas, everyone!

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, from the 2170s...wishing you and your families a wonderful holiday.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Feliz navidad. I hope everyone had a healthy and happy Christmas. For the first Christmas since my mother died, it was okay, fairly quiet but good friends and relatives helped a lot. I only wished events in our world didn't erupt this year. I can only hope things get better.
    God bless everyone who believes. And those that don't, too.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Oooo! Italian! Can I join? lol

Merry Christmas from Michigan, everybody! Green as this Christmas may be. :(

10. sostartled

sostartled Member

Merry Christmas from Maine! I'm just glad it stopped raining!

Seriously, the holidays are so much more fun with kids. My little girl turns two in February, and though she doesn't totally get it yet, she loves the lights, snow, and enjoyed her presents from her grandparents. It also gave me something to look forward to, rather than it sneaking up on me and then passing by like nothing happened. Looking forward to many more!

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas from the Toronto 'burbs! First drink of the day in hand and ready for the rest of the fam to show. And I agree with HC, first thing I thought of this morning when I looked outside and saw the rain was, "When did we move to Vancouver?"

HC likes this.
  12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Sunny and 70 here in Southern California. It's a Christmas tradition. Everybody, enjoy your holiday.

Draft saved Draft deleted