1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merry Christmas to one and all

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm stuck at the in-laws. Tonight, I told them I needed to "do some work." So they gave me a key to their business office. My wife said "Don't spend too much time on SJ" as I walked out the door.

Bonus - There's a fully-stocked bar and two-keg tapper in the next room. So if I start spelling poorly, you'll know why.

Thanks to everybody for making this the most enjoyable Web site I visit.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Details, details...

Agreed... borrowing a phrase Ms. Slappy uses to describe this place:

To all the nerds on the goober board, Merry Christmas...

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

If I were you I would drink the entire keg and then hang out with the in-laws. Thank god for me, no in-laws this Christmas. Of course, Mrs. Angola! has to work all weekend and I get to work a couple of days and we will have no family here. Other than that, it should be a good Christmas.
    Merry Christmas to everyone and remember go Yankees.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

What ... huh ... WTF? ??? Who the hell hung mistletoe over my head?!?

[/runs away quickly]

I'm not on a sportschick list? Oh well ... she's too old for me anyway.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

With any luck, mid-afternoon will find me on the couch in a rural setting fitting of a Rockwell print. As the sun sets, I'll enjoy a mildly alcoholic beverage as I watch Philly play Dallas. And since that game has fantasy league implications, I'll be hoping for Reggie Brown to get kicked in the nuts get shut down, unlike the first Dallas game.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The codas hope everyone gets what they hope for under the tree. ;)

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Silent night
    Holy night
    All is calm
    We're talkin' bright
    Round this virgin chick, she had a kid
    He grew up to be famous; we all know what he did
    Sleep
    It's quiet in heaven
    Sleep
    Heavenly peace

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And remember, to those who get "Santa Baby" stuck in their head playing over and over and over and over and over and over again..
    Stop, take a deep breath, start humming something by "Queen" and Freddie Mercury will drive the bad song right out of your head.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

Possible downside: As a result of the Victoria's Secret ad campaign, when I hear "Santa Baby" I now visualize Heidi Klum bewitchingly singing it. By following your advice, I might lose this visual. I don't want to do that.

Got a solution?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A valid concern.

Picture her with Seal. Does it still have the same appeal -- pockmarks and all?

12. 2muchcoffeeman

Let's see ... I see Heidi and ... well ... somebody, anyway ... can't really make him out.

Draft saved Draft deleted