1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Spiral ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, bacon-wrapped green beans, crescent rolls, pumpkin pie.

And my wife got me a giant box of Joe's Kansas City (Oklahoma Joe's) barbecue for Christmas. Brisket, burnt ends, pulled pork and sausage.

We're covered on meals for the next few weeks.

Moderator1 and garrow like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays all,

Since I’m Jewish and my wife is not, we kinda celebrate a hodgepodge. We have both a tree and a menorah up. We went to our synagogue for a Hanukkah thing for kids on Sunday. Had a friend and her family come over on Christmas Eve for dinner and gift exchanging, which has been a tradition for the last few years. Today, we got up, opened our stockings, had pancakes and bacon for breakfast.

Then we went our synagogue where, for the past few years, we help out with about 75 other volunteers to put on a community lunch for poor people and anyone else who wants to drop in. The oldest and I dished out food, while my wife and the youngest helped out Santa with giving out gifts that were donated by local businesses (Unfortunately, this is necessary because some people try to take a dozen gifts for kids that aren’t there and that we don’t know even exist).

Came back, opened our gifts, and we’re heading out to a buffet place for dinner since we’re too tired to make our own dinner.

364 more shopping days until the next one ...

wicked likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You could light a cucumber-scented candle...

If I ever draw you in Secret Santa, I’ll restock your supply.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I’m porking out this week but I want to try to give intermittent fasting a shot next week. It seems like I could handle the 10-6 “feast” window since it would fit in with my workout times and work schedule. Anybody else have any experience with it?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas all. Low-keyed it this time around. Niece and brother's girlfriend were over for a bit Sunday. Today took a holiday shift at the store, dinner with mom and one brother tonight, im'ed a bit with the other one on Facebook and now catching the end of Clips-Lakers.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

For two days, I’ve had to eat tofu.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My wife swears by the Chrissy Teigen cookbooks. And she’s right. The banana bread is killer. This year she added her cheesy green bean casserole with pancetta and the bay biscuits. Hoo boy.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The special she did with John Legend was very good. Solid music, some serious cheese - he may as well start introducing the All-American teams every year as well.

Another newish Christmas song I figure I will be listening to for the next 40 years. The live version is much better than the album cut.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Best of all worlds for Christmas for me. Wonderful few days at home with the kids.

Now time for Grown Up Christmas.

Off to Las Vegas with the girlfriend for a few days. Not sure if she'll get to meet Musberger again but we're going to try.

ChrisLong and wicked like this.
  10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I can’t help but to take that as a euphemism.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas everyone.
    Is this the Laz-Y-Boy lady, or a new paramour?

Me and the ladyfriend exchanged gifts yesterday, but today is the gathering since her bro was working on Christmas. Mom returns tomorrow, looking forward to seeing her.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Same one. She’s pretty spectacular. And turns out she likes girls.

I told her it’s not mandatory that any girl she likes watches the Holiday Bowl with us. We can work out their schedule.

Draft saved Draft deleted