1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merged: Whitlock World

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dangerous_K, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not true. Spnited doesn't like you, either. ;D

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's not like he's been talking about it for a year.
    It's been a couple of weeks, and it would still be sparking excellent debate if not for the tragedy at Virginia Tech.
    And though I only stop watching/reading about Va. Tech when I'm working or checking baseball scores, I realize it's not the only thing going on in the world. There are other issues, and that's OK.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I thought Rosie is a hetero mom who lives in Minnesota.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

O'Donnell and Fatlock are a match made in heaven.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Making fun of people's weight problem is mean-spirited, hurtful and hateful. You have scarred Jason and Rosie for life and their year is ruined.

6. thank you for standing up.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey Whitlock what time will you be on Mike and Mad Dog ?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the old nose can stiff out a gates or a whitlock thread from 50 miles while laying in a shitpool, eh?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There was a comment on here about weather or not black America (I am not a part of, I am white) agrees with Whitlock or not. I think is you went to UNC or Ohio State and asked the students about rap lyrics they would have a different take then if you went to blacks you live in rural North Carolina or in downtown Columbus.

Jason, I have not read all of your columns on this, but wasn't Bill Cosby championing the topic of BET and the Waynas Brothers making the black community look unfavorable for about the last 10 or 15 years?

Keep doing what you are doing.

Now we just need a national voice to point out white people who make $500,000 a year and get pissed if they have to pay an extra $1,000 in taxes so a homeless person can eat or a kid has a decent school book in their hands.

10. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

the other side of the 'boycott' story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=boyd/070416

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

"This is why so few rappers use the names on their birth certificates when performing. Rappers are in essence characters performing a fictional life. Though the culture is rooted in the notion and style of authenticity, it is decidedly fictional. If not, the cops could arrest every rapper who talks about selling drugs or killing someone in his or her lyrics. So we should be judging hip-hop the same way we judge a novel, a movie, or a television show, and to do so means we have to afford hip-hop the same latitude we afford any other form of artistic expression."

Wow, I get it now. The Pacman shooting never happened. He was playing a fictional role.

I think I will wear a Dracula cape to work today and talk about sucking people's blood. I will just be playing a fictional role.

Good luck, Jason, if the guys on your own team are thinking this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.