1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Merged: Whitlock World

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dangerous_K, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I was half-kidding with my post. It just seems like every time they write something, appear on TV, eat a meal, there's a thread about them. I think it's kind of funny. I wasn't ripping anyone. I was just curious why everybody feels the need to post EVERYTHING they write. McNuggets gave a legitimate answer to that.

2. IU90

IU90 Member

They could save some space by adding one never-ending Bill Simmons-bashing thread as well.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Really, though, the way I read a lot of this is that people do need to quit being so PC about getting bullshit out of society. If things are every going to change -- with anything from racism to political apathy -- you can't dangle your hand off the top of the fence.
    You jump right the fuck over and get into the thick of it.
    I'll admit I haven't read every story he's written in the past few weeks, but this one was damn good.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Another column that Whitlock has hit out of the park.

Whitlock is now calling for the demise of BET. Tomorow he will be on Mike and Mad Dog no doubt talking about his column.

Interesting to note both radio station and BET are both owned by Sumner Redstone - Majority shareholder of CBS and Viacom.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hell, Boots post everything anyone writes... you don't jump him like you did this poor newb....

6. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

I don't waste my time with Boots. My humble apologies to Dangerous_K. I'll take a Miller Lite now please.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

J-Whit can make Rosie straight.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=%22Jason+Whitlock%22&btnG=Search

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Whitlock is hotter than A Rod this month in terms of hitting em out of park.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A scary thought, indeed...

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well in the spirit of fairness, the other view of Whitlock....

http://blackathlete.net/artman/publish/article_03184.shtml

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Maybe, maybe not, but it didn't speak any of the points Whitlock made in his column.

12. I just read it & I have no idea what it spoke to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.