1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mercury Morris, STFU.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DougDascenzo, Dec 5, 2007.

1. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Seriously, man. Do us all a favor and go back to the celebrity golf circuit.

I get it. You were a part of the last undefeated team in NFL history. But that was 30 years ago, dude. Move on.

Can't you die a quiet, pension-less, excruciatingly painful death like most NFL retirees?

P.S. I hate you

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow.

I'm going to guess with a screen name like DougDacscenzo you're not a Pats fan. Which makes this screed hilariously entertaining.

Mercury was on SportsCenter the other night with Bob Griese. He sounded really pathetic and said something along the lines of the Dolphins are already in the unbeaten house and if the Pats go unbeaten then the Dolphins will invite them in. Uhh, no. If the Pats go 19-0, they'll ransack your house, throw your old lame ass on the curb and fuck any girlfriends or wives 40 years of age or younger. No one will ever mention the 1972 Dolphins again. Haw haw.

3. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I'm curious, but has anyone ever figured out what he meant with the "waiting on my bride" comment from his tirade a few weeks back? Was he referring to the '72 Dolphins as the groom and the potentially undefeated '07 Pats as the bride? Because if so, I would then refer him to the previous post by BYH.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

"Hey Merc, How much for a Kilo"?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i especially enjoyed the P.S.

solid, doug, damned solid.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

As Chandler once said about Joey, "He paints quite a picture, doesn't he?"

7. I'm not at all a Pats fan, but I hope like hell they run the table so those angry old Dolphins can finally shut up. Or their heads can explode, whichever happens first.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nobody in the world probably hates the 72 Dolphins more than the 07 Dolphins, who will probably get nuked off the field by the 14-0 Patriots by 100+ points in Week 15. Every time one of those old gaffers opens his mouth, the spread goes up by seven points.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The thing is, the 72 Dolphins might be able to take the 07 Fins if they played today. Especially if Griese's healthy.

Draft saved Draft deleted