1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

merced's pickin chicken dies...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JD Canon, Aug 5, 2007.

1. awriter

awriter Active Member

I heard he went back to San Diego.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

One of my former newspapers had a writer's dog as one of the pickers for HS, college and pro football. I can't recall for sure, but I sure hope the dog never picked the Falcons to win -- EVER.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If that's the way he picks this year, I'm guessing he'll be right about 10-12 times with Joey Harrington as the starter...

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

When he's done with his picks, does he help some of the older staffers hunt and peck on their keyboards?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your ageist humor is gonna get you whacked with a cane one of these days, Zeke.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Couldn't agree more. Can't stand football beat writers who make straight-up picks. Mrs. Playthrough can pick the Colts over the Raiders, but I gotta know if they're going to cover -14. For entertainment purposes of course.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, but it won't be you that does it, because you're chicken.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Piss off the AARP at your own peril, smart guy.

9. JD Canon

JD Canon Guest

this sounds like fun for the people involved, but why would anyone want to read it? maybe you guys could do it, and keep track of the standings and stuff but just not run it in the paper.

or maybe limit it to like three or four people and leave a spot for the reader to make his/her own picks and compete against so-called experts. otherwise, why would someone care?

Draft saved Draft deleted