1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mensa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Oct 22, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

There was Mensa testing in my town today. Do you think you could pass the test?

Here's a work-out to see how smart you are.

http://www.mensa.org/index0.php?page=12

I got 21/30 which apparently is very good for this work-out but I don't buy it.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Didn't you learn anything from the last Mensa thread? :)

It's Mensa, FYI.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't remember another Mensa thread. I searched and only found one on JTO.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

There. I fixed it.

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I've passed the test enough and thought about joining. Then people told me it wasn't exactly a fun crowd to hang with. SJ, on the other hand, is a party every night.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I just looked at the pictures from the local membership party. Let me tell you...looks like a rockin' crowd.

That should be in blue for anyone who needs to question that.

7. Martin_Lane

Martin_Lane Member

I'm a member of Mensa. On the national Web site is a list of qualifications, such as SAT scores. That's how I got in -- I had taken the test for a story some years ago and missed it by one percentage point, and then read the on-line standards and saw that I made it through the back door.

I haven't done much with the organization, but nice folks generally are involved. I told a member I worked in a sports department of a newspaper, and he said, "That's the first section of the paper I throw out when I get it." Thanks, pal.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Sadly, intelligence does not necessarily correlate with wisdom. Or taste.

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Love these tests. 25. Good exercise for the brain.

Could care less about Mensa though. Seems too high-brow for me.

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Got a 23 while leaving three blank, guessing on four and finishing it in 12 minutes.

But who's counting? ;D

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Scored 26, only one I couldn't asnwer was the insatiable anagram.

Missed on number of 7's counting to 100, the fruity puzzle and the four-sided figures.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I started the test, but then realized I need to be sober to try this. Too much logic and math involved.

Draft saved Draft deleted