1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MENSA

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rusty Shackleford, Sep 20, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If it'll help you bond with fellow MENSA-ite Sharon Stone, go for it.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine you could spent much time on this board and then need to ask if any of us are in Mensa.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't Mensa me, bro!

4. And Geena Davis.

5. ARD

ARD Member

Yep. Triple Nine Society. For the .999 percentile, I assume.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Classic.

7. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

We had a MENSA member on our copy desk. But I don't know how anyone found out. The guy never said a word for 10 years.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

George O'Leary put it on his.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

The only sports journalist I've known who admitted being a member was a very good guy and a very good deskman. I forget what it was, he either spent one week in college or two, he was bored and quit. I think he joined so he could meet brainy women in an unfamiliar city, and I must admit I considered taking the test because brainy women were my intended quarry when I was single. But I'm not a joiner and I don't think I've ever taken an IQ test, unless it was in grammar school. I have no idea if I'd qualify or not, and at this point in life I wouldn't have time to hobnob with the brainy types anyway.

10. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I worked with one who had two Master's degrees, one of them from an Ivy. She spent a great deal of time trying to impress everyone with how smart she was. I wanted so badly to point out that I was making $5,000 more than she was after barely acquiring an undergrad degree. Thus, who's the smart one?

11. Editude

Editude Active Member

Once played in a charity Scrabble tournament (who knew), and one of the teams was from the local MENSA club. Pretty good at finding two-letter words, I must say, but their group did not win.

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

1) Yes

2) Not a chance in hell, and all of the above responses just prove how right I am. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted