1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's suit, pants question -- cuffs or no cuffs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

We were watching a July 4 parade in a place with a large gay population. There was a gay and lesbian marching band with leapin' lesbian baton twirlers. Behind them I could see the next group of marchers getting ready. I said to my wife, "I think the transvestites are next." Then they started up the bagpipes and I knew they were wearing kilts.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:D

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Wow, I wouldn't even wear that color, and the pleats!

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Why do you hate Scotland, Frank?

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I also posses a traditional Chinese suit. The jacket is silk. The pants are black. I don't wear suits often, but when I do, I have a great assortment.

Oh, and my kilt is sexy as hell!

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have two kilts. One formal and one sport kilt.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What's your dress tartan?

8. Inky_Wretch

McDonald for the formal. Black Watch for the sport.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's 46th and Madison on the southwest corner. I have a couple of Jos. A Bank suits and I bought my most recent tux there. Good service, too. A notch or two below Brooks Bros. and Paul Stuart but generally good value if, as noted above, you wait for the sales. One of the few places that it's worthwhile getting on the mailing list. I have a sales person there with whom I usually try to work. I'm not fond of one of the tailors, who always insists on cutting the jacket sleeves too short. Hate reaching for the subway handrail and having the jacket stop at the elbow.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I like the Black Watch a lot. It is damn slick. Was there a reason on not going with a family tartan?

Oh and there are no cuffs on kilts. EVER.

11. Inky_Wretch

I just wanted something different for the sport kilt so I decided to go with an "open" tartan. Plus it mixed and matched better with my various SPL jerseys.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Black Watch. When I was a kid I had a pair of Black Watch tartan wool trousers. About five years ago I spotted a Black Watch sports jacket in a men's wear store. Almost bought it.

Draft saved Draft deleted