1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's mag gig

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tom Petty, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

This thread is awesome. Though my question wasn't answered.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There was a se7en mag premeire issue at border's today.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Mystery Meat,
    Good work. Um, if you ever have any time on your hands, and I'm not sure you do...
    I could throw an investigative piece your way...

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey, a little photoshopping and I've got a new shocker pic!

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

after talking with this nice lady for awhile, i learned she was suprised to learn the name of the mag she's been producing online since '04 was used by a start-up mag. and when she heard there was news on the net concerning the matter, she stumbled into our humble forum and wanted to make sure nobody confused her with the other amanda.

she didn't say it, but i'd guess she didn't want to be known as a person who runs ads looking for an assistant boy toy and who'd pay that person $25K a year to live in a metro market, only to work him into the ground. but that was my assumption, not her words.

the online se7en is pretty cool. real artsy with some pretty smokin'-hot models doin' artsy model "stuff." i'll check out the next edition.

i think we're just pleased to learn it wasn't buck's sister after all. (insert smiley thingie, again)

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So apparently the answer isn't always C, Mancow, it's B. 2wo publications named se7en run by women named Amanda. That's a George-Mason-in-the-Final-Four upset right there.

We've done a good deed, apparently -- we alerted hot, established Amanda about the presence of unestablished, indeterminately attractive Amanda and her identically-named publication. And tom petty got her to post a picture, meaning she's one of those rarest of creatures: a verifiable woman on SportsJournalists.com.

Me, I was worried this was DP when this thread came back to life.

7. se7enmagpublishr

se7enmagpublishr New Member

yes. im verifiable. i keep it real. NOTHING to hide.... thanks for all the nice comments. i appreciate it..... 1LUV.

a

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And bringing this bad boy full circle:

And because I'm nothing if not a completist, from pokerspecs.com:

[​IMG]

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

No. Your other LEFT hand.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. Something too weird about this, and it all concerns Tom Petty. Tom Petty posted the original job listing, without explanation of where he got it. The thread gets a good laugh and goes away. Then, out of the blue Amanda shows up. Tom_Petty is right there, and he asks her to post a ridiculous picture, and Ms. Doesn't Know A Blog From A Message Board immediately figures out how to post a picture. And she posts the exact picture that Tom Petty has asked for--as if he knew she had that exact photo hanging around on her website, or something. But, whatever, as another recent celebrity guest on SportsJournalists.com would say... We get more back and forth... culminating with Tom Petty pimping Amanda:

Does Tom Petty's role on this thread raise any other suspicions?

11. Ragu, why do you hate America?

And, if this thread is on the level, well done, Thomas.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

although i hate to admit it otis, yes, you are right, ragu hates america.

his "how comes?" don't really make sense other than the fact i WAS the one who found the job listing on journalismjobs.com and thought the amanda at the mag with the stolen name was asking for some freakish shit for chump change.

i too thought ms. nelson was an impostor -- someone on this board -- who was here to fuck with us and i thought if i asked "the impostor" to take a unique pic of herself, the impostor would go away. and really ragu, who the hell takes pics of themselves holding up the piece sign?

also, ms. nelson has a degree from cfu, i think she said, in computer animation (or something close to that) and owns on online mag ... so i'm guessing she's uploaded a pic a time or two.

as for me pimping the mag, well, i liked it. why would i pimp it otherwise?

and really, if i did what ragu is accusing me of, wouldn't i be giggling right now as loudly and often as a nervous schoolgirl getting ready for her first car date?

Draft saved Draft deleted