1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's mag gig

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tom Petty, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, a lot of guys would pay $25,000 for the opportunity, so it's really like you're $50,000 ahead. At least that's how I'm trying to sell it to Mrs. Ace.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I love how in her interview she mentions THR3E (tm) times that she's looking for investors.

Seven months? More like two, I bet.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Because she's hot To be fair, I think that interview was done before they were close to getting to print. It probably won't last long (how in hell can it avoid a lawsuit over the use of "Se7en", anyway?), but I'm sure she's hot a fighter.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I understand Amanda will throw in a free chin implant, just like hers, for the lucky winner.

The whole thing looks like a wanna-be white bread TV sitcom based on Heeb, which has succeeded with a female principal.

5. hpdrifter

hpdrifter Member

se7en things to consider:

on1e - "sharp male assistant" - uh, my waist isn't flat but my wit can be sharp at times.
    tw2o - are we sure it isn't GeeQue meets S-eye meets Lewinsky Humidor and Van-i-tee fare
    th3ree - how fucking annoying is this numb3rs thing?
    fo4ur - if you make money in sports betting, aren't you smart enough to not buy this magazine?
    fi5ve - what exactly are "athelete contribtuors" - and are they like athlete contributors?
    si6x - why do you have to be from Poland?
    se7ven - 25K? there's got to be other hot chicks in atlanta to be slaves for...

Description:
    Editor of New men's magazine, SE7EN, is looking for a sharp male assistant to intern for 1 month to (hopefully) be promoted to Assistant Editor with salary of $25,000 plus benefits. The magazine launches January 18th and a good description is "GQ meets Sports Illustrated, meets Cigar Aficionado and Vanity Fair" with lots of sports betting and a very sophisticated edge. We have celebrity athelete contribtuors who write just for SE7EN, and this job will involve lots of writing, admin work handling writers contracts, editing on high tech production software, directing photo shoots, working with celebs, athletes, publicists, etc. so POLISH and intelligence, confidence, and sophistication are necessary. Must be willing to travel on occasion. Only apply if you are willing to work yourself to death (as does everyone in the publishing industry) to be an integral part of the hottest men's magazine on the newsstand and can handle publicity with professional charisma. If this is you, step up now, the job starts immediately. (Our office is in Atlanta, minutes from Perimeter Mall. A short E-mail questionnaire will be necessary to move forward to the interview process.) Send resume to amanda@psamags.com

6. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Guest

don't ever work in a big city for $25,000. they're hosing you.

$50,000 minimum, unless you're an intern or something, and in NYC you better get $75,000, unless you want three roommates.

you actually can live better on a smaller salary in a smaller place, and you'll probably be a lot happier. especially the way things are going in the biz today. all those big-city companies are looking to hack away at anything that moves...........

7. se7enmagpublishr

se7enmagpublishr New Member

I just found this online, and unfortunately the posting by MYSTERY MEAT with the images of the gurl on the bottom is not amanda from psa, bluff magazine, and the new magazine called se7en magazine which resides in atlanta GA. They just launched thier premiere issue this month. you can view thier website at www.sevenmagonline.com I am the amanda in the picture and the publisher and owner of se7en magazine, www.se7enmag.com. I have been in business since Aug. of 2004, and i am NOT affliated with this new publication in any way.

amanda nelson
    se7enmag.com

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So there's two se7en magazines run by two Amanda Nelsons, but you're the blonde?

Mercy, what a can of something-something I seem to have opened.

9. se7enmagpublishr

I am an Amanda Nelson. I have researched her- and her name is Amanda Daniels.
    You can check her out on their media kit-- on thier website. Someone how you found those images of me from WAY back in my modeling days. NICE job. how embarrassing.....

10. se7enmagpublishr

whats (cq) ?

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

he's telling you to check your spelling. Just giving you some newbie grief.

12. se7enmagpublishr

TOmato, TAMato......

Draft saved Draft deleted