1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's Health: The 20 Worst Foods in America

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I am surprised I didn't see the Hardee's breakfast sandwiches.

2. Knocking out one of those bad boys periodically isn't a problem. Before the Macaroni Grill near me closed, I would hit a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs occasionally. I didn't gain weight. You won't either.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Portion size also has a lot to do with the high calorie counts. Restaurants, especially low-end chains like these, typically serve up humongous portions. If forced by circumstance to go to one of these places, I typically just order an appetizer and eat about half of it.

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

I'm doing a Florida trip next month and I plan on hitting Chipotle, Skyline Chili, Chick-Fil-A, Knish Knosh and some local joints.
    That's why I am dieting now to take 10 pounds off by the time I leave.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh. Damn it.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I miss Chi-Chis. A bunch of those restaurants were closed in the a few years ago for a Botchulism scare. I haven't been there in a good five or six years, and that was my favorite joint. I'm sure it would have hit the list at least once.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I've only eaten one of these, and it's Numbero Uno, baybee! And I'll continue to eat 'em. I never order a full plate of Outback Cheese Fries unless I'm with a couple of other people. (I know, it's still bad.) You can also get a half-order. (I know, it's still bad ... but so damn good.)

Also, it's a little bit of a drive to the nearest Outback here after Katrina washed away the one on the beach. I used to love drinking at that bar.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Just give me all of it and I'll die happy.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Especially that new breakfast burrito.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

For the Chipotle lovers out there, the website www.chipotlefan.com allows you to build your burrito/bowl/tacos and see the nutritional content. It's an unofficial site, but the numbers seem to make sense to me.

11. statrat

statrat Member

I've been to Outback plenty of times and have never tried the Aussie Cheese fries. I now have the urge to do so, and will probably keel over because of a heart attack thanks to that urge.

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I've never had any of those things. But just looking at those numbers is enough, I get the same quesy feeling I get when I watch the Food Network's Paula Dean deep fry blocks of cream cheese of something. :-X

Draft saved Draft deleted