1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's Health 50 fittest men of all time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 19, 2012.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It was their fitness that I was referring to, not their size.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I know.

I just don't think there's the wow factor. Most of those people are extreme in one direction or the other and I think hockey players are just all-around fit.

Of course, it could just be that it's an American publication that didn't even think about hockey in the first place. Hell, there's baseball players on there.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Uhhhh...

TTIWWOP

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Nevermind.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

How's this, CB?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It's a good thing poin stopped before he got to the Richard Simmons entry, might've saved a head explosion.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The magazine industry is determined to destroy male body image when all we want to see is women with big tits and firm asses.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Rod the Bod agrees.

[​IMG]

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a sports column Dan Jenkins wrote for Playboy about the 1986 World Cup. Of course Jenkins had nothing but contempt for the sport and upon being told by some fan that Maradona was the world's greatest athlete said he was too small for that title, in the US a guy his size would be nothing more than a second baseman or a jockey.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Dan Gable is not on that list.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Diego Maradona as a jockey? That poor horse. Even back then he wasn't very thin.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I found Lou Gehrig an interesting choice. He was strong as an ox, but he was also a fairly heavy smoker for much of his career. Does this guy really fit the picture of one of the 50 fittest men of all time?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted