1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's Fitness Mag airbrushed cover model Andy Roddick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cadet, May 23, 2007.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

From huffingtonpost.com:

See the image <a href="http://www.tmz.com/2007/05/18/did-mens-fitness-pump-up-andy-roddick/">here</a>

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Andy Roddick's not here to talk about the past....

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jesus, they made it look like they photoshopped Mark McGwire's andro-pumped arms onto Andy's body. Gross.

Andy's got a great body (as do many tennis players). There's really no need to try to make it better. Plus arms that big are just gross.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I saw that cover in the store today and immediately thought they had pasted Andy's head on somebody else's body.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The quote I heard from Roddick went something like:

"I think Rafael Nadal wants his arms back."

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Remember when someone photo enhanced skinny old John McEnroe to look buff in an ad? Now that was a stretch.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Fixed.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Maybe they got some shots of him during his steroid days.

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

That's exactly what they did.

The shoulders and pecs and the huge difference between that and an apparently tiny waist also aren't anything close to him.

You can see his little belly every time he flips up the front of his polo shirt, which is like before every freaking point he plays.

That's just wrong.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Andy's real bod

[​IMG]

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

That's a bad shop job. The two forearms don't even match. Check out the definition of his right arm compared to his left (our right).

Of course, the lead blurb is how to get great guns... Coincidence? Methinks not.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

The guy's hot. And he's a world-class athlete. There was no need to do this.

I'm glad Roddick had a sense of humor about it. I suppose we should thank Kate Winslet for being the example of handling airbrushing with disgust and grace.

Draft saved Draft deleted