1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's All-American teams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, Mar 16, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have no idea where all the Jordan Hill love comes from.

I cannot remember seeing him play a good game, but now that I look at his game-by-game stats, they seem pretty sick. Although, the team seems to win more conference when he is not putting up huge numbers.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Lottery pick.

3. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Hill can be pretty dominating. He was hurt for the final couple of weeks of the season and teams still couldn't stop him.

4. 93Devil

I would say he was stopped about 13 times this season.

When players are unstopable, they usually win.

Plus, Hill and Budinger, if as good as advertised, should be able to take an SAE, a Sigma Chi and a couple GDIs from the Bear Down gym and not lose 10 games.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Stephen Curry, who can't play, hung another 30-plus on an SEC opponent Tuesday.
    On the road.
    If only he were any good.

6. What, no Brian Zoubek from Duke? [\blue font]

Seriously though, I'm surprised to not see Gerald Henderson on the list. Don't think it's a travesty or anything, but thought he was deserving.

7. RecentAZgrad

Haha. Cute.

8. 93Devil

If Lute from the 1990s was coaching that team they would be a three seed or higher.

9. DCguy

DCguy Member

What about Sam Young from Pitt? Averaged 18.7 points and 6.1 rebounds a game and had 25 and 31 in the two games against UConn.

Henderson from Duke and Meeks from Kentucky should be on there.

What about Toney Douglas?

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Henderson disappears for long stretches, it seems to me.

11. RecentAZgrad

I'm sure they'd have won a few more games, but you can't overlook the fact that there's absolutely no depth anywhere beyond Budinger, Hill and Wise. Then again, there probably would be depth if Lute was still there, because if he was still there, so would J.P. Prince, Brandon Jennings, Jeff Withey, etc., etc.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Looks like Moddy might not be crazy after all....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/mens-tournament/03/18/all.americans/index.html?eref=T1

Second team
    G: Eric Maynor, 6-2 Sr., VCU
    22.4 ppg, 6.2 apg, 3.5 rpg, 2.05 assist-to-turnover ratio

Best point guard no one talks about had a monster year in the CAA (and owns his own title belt).

Draft saved Draft deleted