1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men wearing swimbriefs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by king cranium maximus IV, Apr 27, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Unless he is in a situation where Speedos will shave enough time off his swim that he will set a world record or at least qualify for an Olympic team, a man should be wearing trunks. Period. The alternative is like driving down the street in a personal car with a full roll cage, helmet and net. You just look like an idiot with an inflated sense of your activities.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If you want to show off your package ...

The thought of Sportschick in board shorts is intriguing. Just saying.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

She'd trip over them. Just saying. :)

I know, Dead. To. You. I know the drill.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Best I can tell this "look" is only popular with gay men and Canadians visiting Fort Lauderdale in the spring. The Canadians are the ones who are also carrying styrofoam coolers.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Careful what you say about Canadians. They're very sensitive.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Have you thought about having a pair of board shorts handy for when you do get out. I know at swim meets I've covered, most of the athletes have them handy, only stripping down to competition-wear when it's time to race.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But are born with an innate sense of style. The speedo/ tevas with socks combo is very popular with canadians and german tourists.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

How's that different from sportschick wearing an evening gown? ;)

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the Canadians top it off with a tuque for that extra shot of what-in-the-blue-hell-is-that style.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

You should only wear a Speedo if it's tight enough that other folks can see your pulse.

Otherwise, it's a cop out; similar to getting a tattoo on skin no one else can see.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wearing a Speedo because you're 'training' is like warming up the way Jim Carey did before the basktball game in 'The Cable Guy.'

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I'm not swimming in your pool with your throbbing pulse. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted