1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men wearing shirts = Better world for all.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hammer Pants, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

So, I have this problem.

I love staying at my girlfriend's apartment. It's a fabulous place, right downtown, next to everything, walking distance to several great bars, parks, sports venues, etc... My stuff is still at my place, but we stay at her place more than mine.

But her roommate has this new boyfriend she met at the gym, and the guy is always here. I think he pretty much officially moved in. The problem is he NEVER WEARS A SHIRT! EVER! He's a quiet guy, and a nice guy, so there's no issue there. He spends entirely too much time watching UFC and all that nonsense, but lots of guys do that. And he brought his XBox 360 over, so he gets bonus points for that.

But he never, ever wears a shirt, and it's starting to make me and my girlfriend feel a tad uncomfortable. I want to tell him, "OK, I get it, you're a trainer at the gym. Your muscles are huge. But can you at least wear tanktops or something?" But since that's just a weird thing for one dude to say to another dude, I'm thinking about also NEVER wearing a shirt when I'm at her place. Now, my muscles aren't the same size they were when I was a high school/AAU baseball player, but I'm young, 6-foot-1 and not hideously out of shape.

Thoughts? Other fun suggestions/solutions?
  2. Flash

Flash Guest

I'll be right there to take care of the problem.
  3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Your g/f should ask her roommate to have him wear a shirt b/c it's making the two of you uncomfy. Either that or you should start walking around with your pants off.
  4. Hammer Pants

I already do that. Some people look at me funny, but fuck it, I live in the South. It's hot and humid in the summer.

I just can't help but think this guy is trying to mark his territory in a primal way by going shirtless. I think I should pee somewhere in the living room in retaliation.
  5. Hammer Pants

He is a good-looking guy. A little short, though. Is that a problem for you?
  6. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I think it should be up to your girlfriend to broach the subject with her roommate.
  7. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

Perhaps the guy's shirtlessness is in retaliation for your pantslessness.
  8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Nipple blankets.
  9. Flash

Flash Guest

As long as he returns my texts ...
  10. Hammer Pants

I'm not sure he can spell. I'll investigate and let you know.
  11. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

why does it make you feel that uncomfortable?
  12. Hammer Pants

Good question. I don't know. I guess I've never seen a man walk around shirtless all day, every day. Some visitors have made remarks, too (privately, of course), so maybe that's added to it.
Draft saved Draft deleted