1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men 's Gold Medal Hockey Game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Feb 27, 2010.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What goaltending issue? Did you see the save Luongo made to preserve the game last night?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Let's say it ends up at tight 2-1 game coming into the last 5 minutes. I defy anyone to find a more exciting event in sport. Doc Emerick with the call and no commercials - it will be a great 2 hours.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Very good point. I know I don't watch as much sports as I once did.

I'm out of the industry now, but when I was, I did try to watch other things when I was away from the office.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

so, since most americans don't vote in local elections, or state wide, or congressional, they shouldn't vote for the president because all of sudden they get interested in government?

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Are you even bothering to read my posts?

You have missed the point at every turn.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Then who is the Vezina favorite? I'm not being antagonistic ... you usually don't dance around these issues and I am curious ...

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I watch it when I'm at work because we have to watch sports and there's nothing else on. Tomorrow, I'll be watching NASCAR. I'd pick baseball over Olympic hockey.

If it was on a day off, I wouldn't know the result until I went back to work. I choose to use my days off to de-sports myself.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I should have been more clear, i do believe he would be a finalist, I was just pointing out he was actually struggling heading into the olympics. All goalies go through slumps, his jsut happened to be prior to the olympics. He's a great goalie.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've read every one of your posts.

There's nothing to miss.

Let's look at your original post when I said that most SportsJournalists.com people would probably be watching the game. Jesus, I thought that was an innocent comment. I'm sorry I offended anyone in the United States of America

You managed to drag into the argument: the NHL (irrelevant), people who don't understand hockey (irrelevant), soccer (irrelevant) and well, a political statement that makes no sense.

So, forgive me if I missed your point which I'm scrambling around to find

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

When I first got out, I found it really hard to watch sports unless it was for a team that I was a fan of.
    Now, as more time has passed, it is a little easier to watch a random event, especially in baseball.

But it is definitely a good thing to step away from the sports scene.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Okay-y--y-y-y-y ... since Jan. 1 he's faced 610 shots on goal, saved 92.6 percent of those shots. That's right in line with his performance for the entire season.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I can buy that, JC. Thing is, Martin Brodeur has been barely average by his standards. Roberto Luongo hasn't been extraordinary, either, and I don't recall hearing the usual (and deserved) raves over Evgeni Nabokov. Craig Anderson has done wonders in Denver considering the complete lack of expectation - did anyone really follow this offseason signing? - but imagine the Avs' crash back down to Earth won't help his case.

Cannot think of a goaltender having a better year in the NHL than Ryan Miller. Almost like what Dominik Hasek did for that organization more than a decade ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted