1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men are obsessed with George Brett's crotch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.ojr.org/ojr/stories/070312ruel/

Although both men and women look at the image of George Brett when directed to find out information about his sport and position, men tend to focus on private anatomy as well as the face. For the women, the face is the only place they viewed.

[​IMG]
    This image of George Brett was part of a larger page with his biographical information. All users tested looked the image, but there was a distinct difference in focus between men and women.

Coyne adds that this difference doesn’t just occur with images of people. Men tend to fixate more on areas of private anatomy on animals as well, as evidenced when users were directed to browse the American Kennel Club site.

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

To quote Cam'Ron... no homo?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You can be straight and still have a man-crush on George Brett. I got no problem with that.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

When reached for comment, Brett replied angrily.
    "You guys are such dicks," Brett said. "I hope you're having a ball, but I would think the fun's going to eventually peter out. I mean, I don't want to give you the shaft, here."

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The men were looking for excess pine tar.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This from a Kansas City restaurant review...

"...and that gorgeous Nick Vedros photograph of the young Brett, all muscle, sinew and sexuality."

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The most interesting thing about this thread is which player they "randomly" picked for the study...

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

If it were a photo of John Kruk, guys would be saying, "Dood, you can't even tell th' mofo's only got one of his nuts."

9. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

Actually, how can we be certain that its not George Brett's crotch that is the one obsessed with us?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When the hell was this study done? 19-fricking-79?

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I'd be looking to see if I recognize anybody in the back ground

Draft saved Draft deleted