1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memphis looks for college basketball writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by publicenemy, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Pulitzer Blues

Pulitzer Blues New Member

A month ago a decison seemed imminent. Anybody know the situation here? Bump!

2. Pulitzer Blues

Pulitzer Blues New Member

An offer has been made.

3. satchmo

satchmo Member

So much for my theory that Jim Masilak had been given the gig. I know he was the backup writer, but it seemed like he was doing an awful lot for just an audition. So which cold-weather candidate will be following Calipari's crew?

4. If true, is unfortunate for Jim, a fine writer and tremendous person.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I heard Wolken took it... Outstanding hire if it's true...

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It's true. I agree, great hire.

7. busuncle

busuncle Member

I understand that Dan had been looking for an opportunity to return to the Dirty South and had turned down other opportunities in the past. Glad he found one he liked. He should do a great job in Memphis.

8. Mizzougrad96

If the rumors were true, Wolken turned down several really, really good offers... I don't want to overly praise him because that usually results in the haters coming out, but he's an outstanding writer.

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

So is there an opening now in Colorado Springs covering the Falcons?

10. Mizzougrad96

It would certainly appear that way... Losing Wolken hurts, but C. Springs has a strong young staff...

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I hear that will be done internally. They might soon be looking for something else, but I'm not sure what.

12. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Speaking of Gary Robinson... I'm not sure about the climate, because I don't work there. But I do know he's sent out emails to the candidates he didn't interview letting them know he had made a hire. That's from someone who received one. Pretty classy, if you ask me.

Draft saved Draft deleted