1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Dec 17, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Wish I'd seen you at the All-Century game, Kirk. My dad and I were there, snuck down behind the 1B dugout for the ceremony (a trait I picked up quite well, in fact :D).

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Grew up going to Chiefs games thanks to my dad, who has had season tickets since 1970 or so. He's only missed maybe five games in that span, too, which means he was there for the lean years in the 1980's.

Me and my brother started splitting games right when Marty and Carl took over. One of the first games I ever saw live was Derrick Thomas' tour-de-force against Seattle, where he set the single-game sack record. Thomas should've had Krieg one last time, but he slipped away and threw a game-winning TD pass.

Since then, I was hooked. A rollicking Arrowhead is all I've ever known. Here's hoping the next game you see delivers you and your boy that same experience.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

While I've soured on baseball, 40 years ago I remember attending my first baseball game as 10-year-old. Old Busch Stadium, 1964, Dodgers vs. Cardinals.
    Walking into the stadium to our seats, I will never _ NEVER _ forget my first glimpse of a big-league diamond. The grass was green, the dirt was brown, the bases and foul lines white _ but in my mind's eye those colors are recalled in high def.
    Cards lost that day but won the pennant and World Series _ thanks, Bob Gibson. I've still got the program/yearbook from that season.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Wonderful story, Chef.

Wish I had something like that growing up. Only thing remotely close is when I saw the Pacific for the first time.

Draft saved Draft deleted