1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorable songs running over the final credits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Hoyt Axton episode was good stuff.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

They're pretty cliche, but the uses of "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" and "Both Sides, Now" at the end of Mad Men episodes were really fantastic.

Also, just personally (because me liking the movie makes me a douchebag), the abrupt ending and Arcade Fire's "Deep Blue" coming in over the credits in "Boyhood" gives it this moment where you lose your bearing and disorients you wonderfully.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It didn't play over the credits, and that was the point, but Tomorrow Never Knows at the end of that one episode was perfect.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Some world-class talent in this clip. And that song kicks all kinds of ass.

Riptide likes this.
  5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Actually it did. It picked up again for the credits, after Don abruptly turned it off and went to the bedroom.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

OK then. Now I have absolutely no regrets bringing it up in this thread.

Gutter likes this.
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Beach Boys' "All Summer Long" - American Graffiti

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Maybe the Beach Boys best, "God Only Knows," playing at the end of "Love, Actually"

(this is where I admit to actually liking the movie, too)

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

"Mr. Sandman" by The Chordettes at the end of "Halloween II (1981)." Given all the mayhem on screen, the bubbly '50s tune was striking.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That dynamic has been done to death by now, but I have to imagine in 1981 that was still a pretty fresh approach, wasn't it?

Dr. Strangelove did it with "We Will Meet Again," I guess.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Trying to remember was Dylan's "Shelter from the Storm" played over the closing credits in Jerry Maguire or just in that final scene?

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Although the movie wasn't good, the closing performance of "New Orleans" in Blues Brothers 2 was quite enjoyable.

Draft saved Draft deleted