1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorable songs running over the final credits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Goodbye Goodbye" by Oingo Boingo in Fast Times

Songbird likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Surf Riders in Pulp Fiction.

terrier likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always liked the story, as told in David Halberstam's book, about the night that Elvis became famous. He made a two-song record, and one of his managers got the most popular radio show in Memphis to play the record. Elvis was so nervous that night, he decided to just go see a movie.

The first song gets played, and the switchboard lights up, wanting to hear the song again. The DJ flips the record over, plays the other song, switchboard lights up again. First song gets played back again, switchboard goes nuts, and so on.

Then the DJ decides he wants to interview Elvis on the air, because everyone was going crazy for the two songs. So he and Elvis' people try to call him, but the Presleys don't know where he is. His mom finally finds him in the theater and goes in to get him. Elvis is worried something is wrong, but his mother tells him that plenty is going on, but it's all good.

Elvis goes down to the station, where he's told that he's going to be interviewed. Elvis gets really nervous, and says he doesn't know anything about interviewing. The DJ tells him just not to say anything dirty, then asks him a few questions that Elvis answers. At the end, Elvis asks when he was going to interview him, and the DJ said that he already did.

I always like the story because he pretty much goes into a movie theater as some anonymous young man, and comes out of it famous.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

My Way by Sid Vicious -- Goodfellas.
    If You Could Read My Mind by Gordon Lightfoot -- Wonderland

5. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Might Ducks 2--We Are The Champions

6. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Also:

Wall Street--This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody) by the Talking Heads

7. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

All the fun soundtrack songs from Top Secret! How Silly Can You Get, indeed!

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  8. BillVirgin

BillVirgin New Member

"Friends" by Bette Midler over the credits of "The Last of Sheila."

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I didn't realize there was anything memorable in that movie.

I'll submit "I'm a Believer" from Shrek.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Admittedly I'm a sucker for a tear jerker, so "Wind Beneath My Wings" for Beaches; such a sad ending.

Simple Minds though at end of Breakfast Club (an iconic movie of my college years) was perfect.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You spelled "Revenge of the Nerds" wrong.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"Baby, You're a Rich Man" at the end of the Social Network was a nice touch.

terrier and lcjjdnh like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted