1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorable songs running over the final credits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 19, 2017.

1. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

"The Summer Wind" at the end of "Matchstick Men".

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. "Livin' Thing" at the end of Boogie Nights.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The "Grease" theme, which is used both in the opening credits and the closing credits.

"Star Wars theme" which also is used in the opening story and in the closing credits.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Chicken/egg question here: Was that the thing that sparked the song's rise up the charts ? Or had it already been released?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I love Carole King's "Now and Forever", which was originally supposed to be the movie's end title, but Madonna had a clause in her contract that entitled her to record the end title, so she got "Playground" on there. But Penny Marshall loved the song so much, she used it for the beginning of the film.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Wouldn't it be nice," at the end of "Shampoo."

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sparked the rise of the song, and Rock and Roll in general.

Was hugely controversial, as was the movie, as it sparked mayhem -- or at least dancing in the aisles -- in the theaters.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

"Colonel Bogey March," Bridge on the River Kwai

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Damn. That's one of the great historical tidbits. Kind of like fact that Elvis was a 19-year-old truck driver when he had his first audition.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

God help me, when I saw this thread I immediately thought of Celine Dion warbling at the end of Titanic.

And then oddly, I thought of I'm Up The Creek by Cheap Trick, which nine year old me thought was a brilliant song for a brilliant movie.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh Yeah, in Ferris Bueller.

Draft saved Draft deleted