1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memo to the Washington Post: It's spelled D-E-M-O-C-R-A-T

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Until the WaPo pulls a Fox News (a la Mark Foley) and mentions Blago as a Republican, I don't really see a political (journalistic, yeah, probably) issue here.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well, Jesus, it's quite clearly a J-board topic or a politics topic.

But hondo just wants to start shit and then feign surprise and blame the intelligent people when it turns ugly, and he figures the best place to do that is this board.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm not arguing the point. The simpleton line just seemed over the top.

And to be fair, generally there's far more pissing and fighting on the politics board.

4. Somebody else did all the work for us, and hondo has to stop reading Malkin's blog before the brain cells start leaking out of his ears.
    http://www.balloon-juice.com/?p=14481#comments

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fitzgerald's up there with my Men of the Decade.

. . . while we eagerly await to discover just how Fredo applies the proper quantity of Presidential Goose Grease
    so as to enable "Scooter" (for a grown man . . . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
    to slip-slide away.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Oh, and the Washington press corps constantly suggesting that the Blago scandal "taints" Obama, despite no evidence of a connection and Fitzgerald repeatedly saying as much?

I'll bet they wouldn't be doing that if both men were Democrats.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The stories I posted were all the second-day stories. And if the Post was so careful to note his party affiliation in the stories you posted, what happened the next day?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Didn't read Malkin's blog. I don't have to.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Yeah! Hondo can make up nonsensical, paranoid ramblings on his own, thank you very much.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The medical authorities have been alerted. They're on their way.

I guess this is what Hondo does when there's no golf to cover.

11. Jesus, hondo, you're wrong. Proveably.
    Move along.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No, I'm not wrong. I posted three stories from their second-day coverage. None identified the guy as a Dem. Throw in the first AP story on Elliot Spitzer, where you didn't find out he was a Dem until the 39th graph, and only someone completely blinded by their partisanship can't see the pattern.

Draft saved Draft deleted