1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memo to The NFL -- Enough With The Vinatge UNIs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Those were the colors of the New York Titans, the Jets previous name. You could argue that the Jets are already playing in their throwback unis and have been for several seaons.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

And you will see the Dallas Texans take the field against the Dallas Cowboys this weekend. For some reason, the game is at Arrowhead Stadium.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Venue makes sense as The Texans were one of the original six AFL teams -- owned by Lamar Hunt. They became the Chiefs when he moved them to KC.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm completely for this as long as the Chargers go back to their old uniforms.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

You want throwbacks? Well, let's really throw back. How about going with these.

Including the helmets.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. RedNGold52

RedNGold52 New Member

I agree. In years past the teams throwbacks would only come out maybe once,twice a season. It seems now, that every time the Steelers play on primetime, there wearing those puke yellow crappy helmets. Bring back the old Pitt Uni's on primetime, and bring back the chargers uni's.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

yes I'm quite aware of the Chiefs history being a major fanboy looser. :)

But thanks for the history reminder.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

perhaps they should rename them "throwups"

9. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

The Colts history ... started out as the Boston Yanks a few years after the Redskins moved to DC, then became the New York Bulldogs/Yanks and shared the city with the Giants, then made a short go in Dallas, and then moved to Baltimore in 1953 for 31 years. The Colts have now been in Indianapolis almost as long as they were in Baltimore. They've had blue & white as their colors since they were in NY in 1950.

The "original" Baltimore Colts (the AAFC franchise that merged into the NFL for one ill-fated season in 1950) had green & silver uniforms, the colors of their predecessor Miami Seahawks.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Those are NOT vintage uniforms. They were NEVER worn before two weeks ago. The original Seahawks uniforms (1976) were a nice royal blue with green trim.

That is the ugliest thing ever to be worn on a football field. When I saw that, it was all I could do to keep from vomitting on the spot.

Some colors are just not intended to be primary colors.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I know the Neon's are not vintage, I just figured ugly is ugly. I love the old Seahawks uniforms, when I play Madden I wear them all the time.

12. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I HATE the throwback unis. If they want to do it one weekend and everybody does it, that's okay.

Otherwise when I turn on a game, I want to be able to look at the teams and figure out who's playing. It's distracting to watch. Please stop.

Draft saved Draft deleted