1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memo to The NFL -- Enough With The Vinatge UNIs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I want to see the Steelers in black helmets - not yellow. Is the NFL thinking that fans will buy that helmet.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is getting a bit, how do you say, stupid.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I'd agree, Boom... on the Steelers at least. I'm a Charger fan, so I like the powder blue jerseys. But those Steeler uniforms suck.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

any Steeler fan who can remember yellow helmets are in the nursing home dribbling oatmeal down their chin at this point.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wish the NFL organized the throw-back stuff so every team had a "heritage weekend." Both teams are in the old duds, bring back some of the old-timers, make a sizable donation to those who built the league but could use some financial or medical assistance.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Memo to the attention whore -- there's a running thread about the NFL for this.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Maybe we should just have a running "sports" thread, and save ourselves all the hassle of a board with individual topics.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Then you should go over there.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The Ghost of Gene Upshaw would like a word with you.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

A-fucking-MEN.

Enough with the board police bitching about what should and shouldn't go on a running thread. Not EVERYTHING belongs on a running thread.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm speaking solely to the attention whore, not debating running threads in general.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Which is another mistake - why? Not your place to jump another member because you don't like his/her thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted