1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memo to ESPN: There are fights in training camp.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Aug 2, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The WWL just spent three minutes dissecting Vince Young's "fight" in Titans training camp.

It's training camp. There are slap fights in every camp. Who cares that Young slapped at a defensive teammate?

Flippin' absurd.
  2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Makes for good video and it beats showing actual highlights (what, those exist?)
  3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Good video, my man junk.

It's a slap fight that was broken up almost immediately. Every team fights. It's about as big a deal as a coach scratching his ass while yelling at a lineman.
  4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I'm moving to canada due to this nonsense.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have to give ESPN their due - Gasbag Berman was narrating a piece about Bill Walsh the other day on ESPN news. They gave highlights and talked about The Catch in 1982, and Berman did not, repeat did not interject himself into it and talk about how he was standing on the field behind the end zone that day.
  6. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

It was a momentary episode of reason.
  7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I think when some assbag safety fights your franchise quarterback, it's a story. What if the guy broke Vince's hand? Dislocated his shoulder?
  8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Active Member

Someone needs to tell Vince, "Don't punch a helmet with your throwing hand."
  9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Rhody's right. If two slob linemen grapple, that's five seconds of video during your "around the camps" update. But a QB getting involved is rare and moderately big news for early August. You can tell it got Fisher's attention.
  10. Flash

Flash Guest

We fight during training camp, too ... and that's for rec league hockey.
  11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

mmmmm chicks fighting....
  12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted