1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memo To Chris Jones

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

To return to a bowling theme for just a sec, western New Yorkers and southern Ontarians of a certain vintage were lucky enough to get two great local shows on WBEN, Channel 4 out of Buffalo: Beat the Champ and Strikes, Spares and Misses with local legends like Chuck Healy and Van Miller providing coverage laneside.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I drop the Big Gulp line every time I pass a 7-Eleven. Every single time.

My favorite line is "No way. That's great! WE LANDED ON THE MOON!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Someone dropped by my desk yesterday for no apparent reason. Just to say hi and immediately left. So weird. Anyway, when he left, my first thought was "Big Gulp, huh? Welp, see ya later!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Still waiting....

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I actually clicked on the link Boom posted. First, I was disappointed that it was a little spiel and not a full-bore feature about a guy whose addiction issues went beyond too many beer frames, and whose erractic behavior was a drawing card for those who bought the PBA 12-13 years ago. A quibble about Jones' thing: The "lottery" concept is laughable; so few PBA players cash in enough to make much of a living, and backup middle infielders make more in a season than Pete Weber has made from a career of tournaments.

But we do know that Creosote is as American as Pete Weber; both are working on their third marriage, tho in fairness,
    Weber's third has lasted since 1997.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wow. This thread has now led a long, winding path back to its original topic.

I wouldn't have thought it possible.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, the fish has yet to take the bait of the initial post.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Chuck Healy was the MAN. When I was 11 or so, I thought he was the coolest dude around. Did sports, newscasts and wrestling play by play from the old Aud.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Check out the gams on Mildred...

Draft saved Draft deleted