1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memo To Chris Jones

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 6, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, this is, in a way, a bowling board.

2. dooley_womack1

...where credit is due. Pretty solid.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Plenty of bowl game threads, so if one morphs to the bowling game, so much the better!

Marshall Holman and his fur coat (whose ass I nearly ran over as he walked directly in front of my car while driving through the parking lot at Taylor Lanes during the PBA stop there in the 80s) can kiss my ass. Dick head supreme.

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

Woe to us who forget Don Carter (better known and a better bowler than Dick Weber, and he did a Miller Lite commercial in the 70s or 80s) and Carmen Salvino.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Earl Anthony, Mark Roth (who recently suffered a stroke), John Petraglia....fucking child's play.

Tell me who Del Ballard is without googling him.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ah the memories, "....I'm Chris Schenkel here at the AMF Imperial Lanes in downtown St. Louis, we're here for the finals of the PBA St Louis Invitational, it will be Marshall Holman v. Earl Anthony. Mr. Anthony (with his perfectly coiffed hair parted just so) has had the luxury of sitting as the top qualifier while Mr. Holman has won his three matches to qualify for the finals...."

BTW, nothing shows genetics like Rick Barry with FIVE !!! boys who played/will play D1 hoops (Jon, Scooter, Brent, Drew, Canyon next year) and four who played professionally.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The ghost of trick bowler Andy Varipapa laughs and laughs at you all. Scary ghost laughter! LAUGHS AND LAUGHS!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=86te7nGLsAA

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No love for Wayne Zahn

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You guys are making me hanker to be 10 again on a Sat. afternoon in front of the one TV in the house tuned to ABC while its raining outside.

10. dooley_womack1

Mr. Varipapa looks a bit creepy.

And let's not forget Ernie Schlagel, from the United States of America!

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Me too - perfect Saturday afternoon - after bowling you had Wide World of Sports. Perhaps a race from Taledaga with the Allison brothers or Ski Jumping from somewhere in Europe. Spanning the globe....

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

or you just changed the channel and went and did something else.

Draft saved Draft deleted