1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memo To Cablevision- I Don't Care About Your Battle With WABC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In way of background there is a battle going on between my local cable provider and the local Disney channel - WABC. Disney wants Cablevison to pay for the rights to air the WABC programing.
    Both are using Sunday night Oscar telecast as a leverage point.

Anyhow when you turn on TV set instead of going to channel of choice you are subjected to a Cablevision infomercial on why WABC is wrong.
    I've not found way to change out until commercials end.

Another reason why The Dolans suck.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't get any infomercial on my Cablevision, Boom. But I do get too many Kardashians [/crossthread]

However, in a battle between the Dolans and the Mouse, there is no one to root for.
    Worse than being a Mets fan watching a Phillies-Yankees World Series.

3. Boom_70

Spoke with Cablevision today.Told them that as much as I appreciated The Dolans need to make as much money as possible so they can sign Lebron James, that I did not care to hear about their dispute every time I turned on my TV.

Person I spoke with told me nothing could be done. Once I became more agitated they admitted default could be changed by going into settings.

All is right with the world again. Can't wait till Cablevision/ Comcast NBC get into what will sure to be a battle of competing cable companies.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Boom,

Would you mind calling them and asking them not to ruin the Oscar party I've been looking forward to going to for 3 months!?!

Thanks,
    Lugz

5. Boom_70

They don't care. The Dolans refused to show Knick and Yankee games for a full season over money.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I eagerly await the unbiased coverage of this issue in Newsday.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Most ironic thread title in board history.

8. Boom_70

Cablevision has pulled WABC off the air. No Oscars. Sure to cause great consternation with fans of Oscar.

9. Lugnuts

Boom, Check your PMs, please.

10. Boom_70

Answer is yes- Your saved.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, WABC has pulled its signal from Cablevision... not that it really matters when you have an evil vs. evil feud between Dolans and Disney

12. Lugnuts

Hip Hip Hooray!

Now I just need somebody to whip me up an easy peasy vegan hors d'oeuvre.

Draft saved Draft deleted