1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mellinger to take over Posnanski's columnist position

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by billikens, Feb 18, 2010.

1. billikens

billikens Member

I don't know if it's been officially announced, but according to the KC Star's Royals beat writer Bob Dutton, Sam Mellinger is being promoted to columnist, taking over the spot Posnanski held before leaving last year.

Great news for Sam and KC Star readers. Obviously, Posnanski leaves huge shoes to fill, but Mellinger's promotion is well deserved.

2. ReyHeath

ReyHeath Member

Sam is a talented, talented dude. Great guy, too. I can't wait to read his columns.

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

I'm a big fan of this promotion. Sam helped me out when I was in high school and he was covering indoor soccer/preps. Can't wait to read his people stories. He'll be a good 1-2 with Whitlock.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Sam's a great guy, no question about it. He works his butt off and has given that newspaper a lot of his sweat. It's nice to see loyalty pay off for once.

I'm pulling for him to do well and I think he will.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Very cool.

I'd hate to have to fill Poz's shoes, but that's a very deserving promotion.

6. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Is Poz still writing some for the Star? On a freelance basis, at least?

7. sammyd

sammyd New Member

Congrats from the West Coast to Sam, one of the finest young writers in America.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

No. He's appeared once or twice in the last six months, and I think they just reprinted blog posts of his.

Draft saved Draft deleted